Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Most Random Text EVER

So I'm laying in bed talking to a friend on gchat. It's 1:30am. I'm about to go to sleep and my phone buzzes that I have a text.

Boy 1 : You never kissed me. You never even tried. I guess I am still wondering about that.

Me: This is the most random text ive ever gotten. are you ok? i mean we can talk about this if you want man.

Boy 1: I always aim to please in the random department. And I'm fine. And I was just wondering about it.

Me : haha. well did you know that you were the first guy i ever went on a date with? first guy i ever held hands with. did you think it was you? i hope not. :(

Boy 1 : These are all things that could have previously been brought to my attention. I revoke my initial inquiry.

Boy 1: I kinda thought it was me.

Me: oh fuck. I feel like shit now. but if i remember correctly i did try pretty hard to keep in touch for a while there.

Boy 1: No no no. I'm not trying to make you fell bad at all. You keeping in touch made me wonder even more. I guess that's what prompted this. Just forget it! :/

Me: not that i blame you, but i wish i had asked more about you and [your ex]. i guess i assumed you two had been done for a while. took me a bit to piece that together.

Boy 1: Okay well now I have nothing to say back to that. G'night.

Me: don't worry about it man. im still really glad we met when we did. question though... even if i had kissed you, you'd still be with [your ex] right?

Boy 1: Idk.

Me: you're sure everything's ok tonight?

Boy 1: Yes. Stop worrying. We'll talk later.

Me: haha. ok ok. well it was good hearin from you [boy1]. random. but good. :) sorry i confused you. def ttyl. night kiddo.


Is it just me or was this TOTALLY out of the blue. Not gonna lie, I was kind of excited to hear from him. We haven't really kept in touch that much. I tried for a while to meet up with him again. But eventually realized that he had gotten back with his ex. We're still friends on facebook and every now and then I'll send him a message in response to a funny status update. It's more like every few months. We did talk once on aim and he told me that he and his ex had indeed gotten back together. He said he felt weird talking about it. I'm the type of person who wants the truth. Even if it's not what I want to hear, I still want the truth. Otherwise I form my own conclusions and that's just not good.

Anyway, I kinda want to know what the hell prompted that. Like, who thinks that when they're in a relationship with someone else? This guy and he have been together for years as far as I can tell. It's just very very odd. I guess I'm the only other guy in a while besides the boyfriend who he's been with. So maybe he feels guilty all of a sudden. I don't know. Maybe he and his boyfriend aren't doing so great right now? No clue. Seriously. Just beyond random. Haha.

1 comment:

L.C. said...

Hmmm. The only way to know is to ask....