Sunday, August 2, 2009

Tanning Guy

I've been meaning to write this for a few days now but just haven't sat down and done it. So this Wednesday our team at work got the day off because we had pulled several late nights in preparation for a meeting that week and had worked over the weekend. It was kind of a really gross day out though, so I ended up just sleeping in for most of it. I decided around 2 that I wanted to go tanning and I had found a place that looked like a good place to try. The website has pictures of models in their underwear on it, so it's pretty safe to assume that the place is kind of catering to gay guys. Fine by me. The review I read on google also said that the place was usually full of hot guys too. Haha.

So I go there and the place is empty. No surprise, it was 2pm on a Wednesday after all. On the walk over it had started to drizzle a little too, so I was glad to get in there before it rained any harder. I walk in and the guy working the front desk is literally one of the hottest guys I've ever interacted with in person. Blue eyes. Built, but not too muscley. White tee and jeans. Buzz cut. Nice tan. AMAZING smile. He tells me about the packages etc etc. They were all way too expensive but I get 10 sessions anyway. I couldn't say no. Lol.

So he asked me why I wanted to tan and I told him I had a vacation coming up. I said where I was going etc and his response was "awesome, can i come?". HA! I was like "haha yeah seriously". It seemed kind of flirty to be honest. At that point he shows me what button to press, etc and I do the tan thing and am all set.

As I'm walking back to the front, I see out the door that it is now pouring. It's like flash-flood weather. I ask him a few more questions about when to come back (He said Friday) and say how much I liked the machine, blah blah. At that point he says that I can stay if I want to wait it out. I say, sure I'll stay for a few minutes. So I'm sitting there and I ask what he was watching. I'd seen that he had something up on hulu when I was coming out from the back. I was still the only other person there. He said he was just watching SNL clips and we started talking about that for a minute. We were just sitting there and he started watching them again. After a minute he moved the monitor so we could both watch it. :) So we watched a clip together. Then a customer came in and then one more a little while after and then another employee.

Meanwhile it was still shitting rain like nobody's business and I had no umbrella, not that it would have done me much good. I ended up hanging out there for at least an hour. Haha. I really couldn't go anywhere though. It was raining that hard. But I certainly didn't mind waiting.

Anyway. That was the story of Tanning guy. If I were a much more confident person I would have asked him for a drink since he was getting off and I had nothing else to do all day. Would have been the perfect "meet cute" if you ask me.

I did end up going back on Friday. After the session, I asked his name and shook his hand. (Contact!) Lol. I'm such a dork. I may go back tomorrow if there's time. Not sure yet. Could have gone today, but I felt a little red after Friday so I'm gonna give it a few days.