Saturday, November 22, 2008

First Date

Oh wow. How long has it been? I started this blog on the 4th of July and now it's already time for Thanksgiving. They're putting up Christmas lights in our neighborhood. Not too much has changed since I started this blog over the summer. Work is the same. We've got projects to work on and no one seems too worried about the economy going south.

As for the personal life, not a whole lot of news to report there either. I've been using Dlist trying to meet new people online. It hasn't really led to anything much. But, a few weeks ago I messaged this guy who I thought sounded and looked like a decent guy and we ended up talking online and getting along quite well. I was going home that whole weekend for family stuff (long story) though, so it wasn't until a week later that we actually met up. We went to a little sandwich place for brunch. It was fun. We found the same things odd like the oddly indifferent wait staff, the drapes that people had to paw their way through just to get in, and the funny strawberry that came with my salad. We each got soup and a half sandwich. I think I probably got the same sandwich I got there when I went a year ago. The food was very good, but of course my appetite was being a bit temperamental that day, so I couldn't even finish my half a sandwich. What the hell is wrong with me. I think it may have been due in part to the fact that I'd never actually gone on a date with a guy before. Maybe... After brunch we went shopping around Soho. We stopped in a couple stores that neither of us could afford and complained about how we wish we could actually shop in these places. Then we went to Starbucks and got some coffee. It was still just warm enough that we could walk around w/o a jacket, so we went to the park nearby and sat and talked about dogs and movies. It was really sweet and I decided I really like his personality. After that, we decided to go get a drink, so he took me to this place in his neighborhood that had really cheap drinks. I had too and (probably due to the lack of food in my system) started feeling a little buzz. It started getting dark, so we decided to part ways. I mean it was a first date, so it's not like we were going home together. I'm sure some people would argue me on that, but I'm just not that comfortable with that just yet. We got to where we had to turn and me, being the inept person I am, shook his hand and said I had a good time. I really wish I had hugged him at least. I think I was still a little nervous about it being a first date. I texted him as I was walking away to say that I had a really good time and I hoped we could get together again. He texted me back saying that aside from the awkward goodbye (my bad), he had a really good time too and definitely wanted to get together again. I was pretty happy. :)

To be continued...

3 comments:

d said...

wow, sounds like a nice date. i need one of those. = )

J said...

yea, i haven't been on a date since high school

Doug said...

Aww, that was cute! Sounded like an amazing first date. I hope I have somewhat the same experience on mine! :)

Don't worry about the awkward goodbye. It'll be something to laugh about together on another date. :P

Thanks for the comment on my blog!