Monday, November 23, 2009

Getting So Close

So this week needs to just fly by. I only have to work 2 more days, but I really just want them over and done with. It needs to be Thursday already. After these two days of work i have 13 days off in a row! 13!! I'm taking the week off after the holiday to go to Mexico with a friend. We're gonna hit up Playa del Carmen, Tulum, and Mahahual. Should be a pretty awesome trip. Aside from maybe Playa del Carmen, everywhere seems very chill and relaxed. So, it'll be a lot of laying on the beach, a little snorkeling, seeing some awesome Mayan ruins, and just relaxing in the sun. I can't wait!

Tomorrow, it looks like I have a date. It's with a guy I met online on one of those dating sites. We've been chatting for maybe a couple weeks now. We were going to meet up earlier, but he got sick and is just now getting over it. He seems like a nice sarcastic guy, so I'm game. Not sure where we're going. He suggested Outback. I asked him what that was, thinking it was some gay bar I'd never heard of. He wrote back, "the chain restaurant." Ha. I'm not to good for Outback. I told him, that's fine with me. I did warn him that I probably wouldn't be hungry, just because of nerves and stuff. He said he used to be the same way when he started dating in college. I guess that's reassuring that I'm not the only one, and that it'll probably go away sooner or later. I'll keep you posted on how the date goes.

Otherwise, not too much going on right now. Excited for Thanksgiving. It's one of my favorite holidays. Unless you're cooking something, there's really nothing you have to do other than show up. Haha. I like the minimal effort. Just gotta go with a big stomach and everyone's happy. :)

On a sadder note, a friend of mine and his boyfriend are having a really rough patch right now. My friend made a huge mistake and ended up cheating on him with a guy. A random guy from craigslist, but still it wasn't good. It's been just over a week and they had several horrible days. They were really in love. The only reason my friend was even considering other guys was because his boyfriend wasn't putting the work into their sex life. Other than that, they were perfect together. He doesn't know why he let it happen, but he was sick to his stomach about it for several days and couldn't have regretted it more. What are your guys thoughts on cheating? Is it ever forgivable? Do you think a relationship can withstand it if two people truly love each other. I guess I'm a romantic and think that love can overcome just about anything. I really hope they can get through this. As I write this, my friend is at his place spending the night. His boyfriend has asked him to come the last few nights because he couldn't stand not being with him. What do you guys think?

No comments: