Saturday, November 14, 2009

Lazy Saturday

Nothing new to report really. I know I never post on here, but I'll be honest, it's just not a big priority. This weekend is pretty boring so far. It's raining and windy here in New York, meaning I have little to no desire to go out and do stuff around the city. The only plans I have are to go to H&M and then go tanning. Normally I wouldn't care about tanning, but I need to get some color for a trip I have coming up. Not sure if I mentioned it on here or not, but I booked a flight to Cancun! I'll be there for a full week too. I'm going with a friend, but neither of us actually want to go to Cancun, so we're going down the coast to a few towns. Playa del Carmen, Tulum, and Mahahual. It should be a really fun trip. I've never been to Mexico before. I've decided I really like these kinds of trips. Just relaxing on the beach, trying to get away from it all. It's so different from something like a trip to Paris or London or some other city. Doing that, I just feel like there are all these things I need to see, and I end up running around the whole time. I mean, that's definitely fun and exciting, but this trip is going to be to relax. Sit on the beach, lay in the hammock. Maybe a little snorkeling/kayaking and a little temple ruin stuff interspersed too. So exciting.

So the Yankees won the World Series the other week and whenever a NY sports team wins the super bowl or the series, they throw a ticker tape parade up broadway to city hall. I only care because my office overlooks part of the parade route. I was here for the giants parade two years ago, so this was my second. It's really crazy though. Tons and tons of people jam into the financial district and make getting to work almost impossible. I had to pay 2.25 just to take the subway so I could get across broadway. I didn't even get on the train. I just used the station underpass to get across the street. Haha. It's that ridiculous. I managed to take some pictures, so here are a few. After the parade, the street is covered in paper and trash. It's pretty amazing watching the literal army of sanitation workers clean it up afterward. It looks like a bomb went off after the parade, but by the end of the day, the streets are cleaner than they were the day before.


1 comment:

Doug said...

Ooooh! Trip to Cancun! How exciting!! I'm very happy for you. I've found that I love beach vacations as well. I went to Hawaii a few months ago and laying on the beach, tanning, was so relaxing and amazing. And then the best part was that Hawaii was so warm at night that water was still a comfortable temperature to dip my feet in. SOO awesome! You have a GREAT time!