Friday, June 26, 2009

Trip Home

I’m writing this post on the train again, heading home for the weekend. A friend of mine whom I’ve known since I was in 7th grade is having a birthday dinner Saturday night that I said I’d come down for. I’m pretty excited to be getting out of the city. It’s been so rainy and gross this entire month. Just need some quiet and not to think about doing anything for a day or two. It’ll be nice.
My friend just text’s me, “hey are you at winnies?” I am not at Winnies, but most of the people in my office are. It was someone’s last day, so we were all going out to celebrate. I obviously couldn’t go. Sucks because I never get to go out with my friend as much as we used to. Booo!
Things are going well otherwise though. I’m planning a trip to Puerto Rico, which I’m beyond excited about. I’ve never been anywhere tropical like that before. Only Florida once or twice, and then it was only to go to Disney with family when I was little. It’s like my first real adult vacation. We get a whole week off work in August, so I figure I may as well make good use of it. It turns out one of our interns from last summer is living down there like a block away from the beach, so I have a place to stay! Woo hoo!
Still haven’t seen the boy again. He’s been in MD since last Friday. It sucks that he’s gone, but we’ve kept in touch. I think he’ll be back next weekend, so that’ll be great. He told me he missed me the other night, which was nice to hear. I miss him too. I mean, we’ve only hung out the two times, but we had a nice time together both times and have been chatting ever since, so I feel like I’m gradually getting to know the guy pretty well. The poor guy is having a lot of money trouble right now, which sucks. He quit his job 6 months ago because his boss was completely unethical and he couldn’t work with her any more. He’s trying to apply for unemployment, but they’re not being very speedy about making a decision. He also went to the bank to try and get a small loan so he could pay his rent, but they denied him. I feel bad for the guy. I know it’s stressing him out like crazy. Poor guy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey g,

woot on the free digs in puerto rico...what are you going for? just a random vacation?