Monday, June 8, 2009

I'm a Horrible Blogger

So, I know I haven't posted anything for.... weeks now. Sorry. I've been kind of busy with work, but mostly just haven't had the urge to write anything. I guess there have been a few interesting developments. Nothing earth shattering really, but some nice surprises.

I've been working at this job for 17 months now, not including the 3 months I was interning. Well up until now, I hadn't asked for a raise. Normally, you get a raise every year and my year was in January. Well, in January, they laid off 10 people. So, I didn't really think it was appropriate to be asking for a raise. But that was a while ago, and the office has been doing well and there's stuff to work on, so I finally decided it was time to ask. So I asked, and they gave me a really good raise. Like 13% I think. It was definitely a very good Friday!

I also started seeing this guy. He lives in Astoria. We met up on a Friday afternoon. I had the day off. We'd been chatting for a few days online and decided to meet up and go see a movie. We went to a bar for a little dinner. He ordered a burger. Obviously I wasn't going to be able to eat all that, especially on a first date. So, I just ordered a salad. Ick. It was so boring. I did have a beer though with it. Haha. Then we went and saw Angels & Demons. It was nice. He's a really sweet guy. Nothing really happened on the date other than a hug hello and goodbye, but it was still very nice. I'll blog about our second date later. It was just a little more fun... ;)

1 comment:

MAK said...

Even though I know about all of this, it still makes me happy to hear about it again! :)