Sunday, May 17, 2009

Off Weekend

I don't know why this weekend felt weird. Feels like it was just kind of up and down. Not sure if I've really been myself lately. Or maybe I'm just disappointing myself. There are things I want to do and somehow I always manage to convince myself that I don't want to and end up just sort of not accomplishing much of anything.

Today was good so far though. I met my friend who I used to live with in school for a hard hat tour of this building along the High Line. Here's the wikipedia page for it. Essentially, it's an old rail line like the ones you see in Chicago, but it hasn't been used in forever and has just been sitting vacant. So, they decided to turn it into an elevated park and it's supposed to open in like a month I think. The tour was pretty stupid to be honest. Somehow our group got screwed out of an actual tour guide. We just walked up into the building and then walked down after we saw enough. It was cool to see the high line under construction. Then we went to the DVF store to look at a model of the new Whitney they had on display. There's a bunch of stuff going on over the next few days in the Meat Packing district apparently, and this was just one of the things they were offering.

After that we went to Chelsea Market and got some soup. Really, it was nice just catching up with her. She's probably the coolest, nicest person you'd ever meet. We were saying how ridiculously difficult it seems to be to keep in touch with people. I mean we're only like a 20 min subway ride away (less prob) and I think the last time I saw her was when Wall-E was out. Terrible. I think we're gonna try and get together for a drink soon though.

Yesterday was more of a bust though. I didn't do much and I was supposed to meet this guy and bailed on him. Well I was under the impression that we didn't make plans, but I think he ended up coming downtown for the day thinking I was still go. I definitely was dodging his texts. I know I should have just been like, dude i'm just not feelin it today, but I didn't.... I felt like such a jerk. So that had me in a kind of funk yesterday. This morning was good though. I'm glad I managed to get out.

This afternoon I've just been cleaning and watching a movie. Tried to make my way through Pineapple Express but ended up falling asleep. I don't know, it wasn't really doin it for me. The same thing happened with Tropic Thunder. I think I may just pop it back in the mail and get the next movie. I think I'm about due for a good gay movie, haha, any suggestions?

Currently listening to: Shiny Toy Guns - Major Tom

1 comment:

Doomed But Cheerful! said...

Do watch the French version of 'La Cage aux Folles'. The Gene Hackman version was laudable, but the original is hysterically funny. I doubt you will sleep in that!

BTW is all the elevated railway being taken out of service?

G =]