Sunday, May 3, 2009

Is this Even Going Anywhere?

I've been online for several hours now just chatting with guys online. It's kind of ridiculous now that I'm thinking about it. Especially since I have yet to meet a single one of them in real life. Well, one was a friend from the blog, who it would be great to meet, but he's halfway across the country. Haha. So that probably isn't going to happen anytime soon. He's a really cool kid and I hope he knows I'm talking about him. Haha. Always great meeting people through the blog. They're just naturally better at conversation it seems. I guess there's a certain type of person who is better at being open with total strangers. I'd like to be that person, but I think it's more limited to online. In real life I don't see myself as especially open. I can hold a conversation, but with coworkers or friends, I just don't really give much of myself up. For instance, I never talk about my personal life that much. Maybe it's because there isn't much to speak of.

Anyway, the other people I was chatting with were just people I met on this site I've been using lately. I've "met" a lot of people through it. Some of them are clearly looking for just one thing, but others seem pretty genuine. For the most part, people use it as a hookup site. I try to be really clear that I'm looking for more of a connection, especially considering I'm not very comfortable with all that yet. There have been a handful that I would seriously consider meeting in real life. Some of them seem to be drifting away now though after a few weeks of not setting anything up.

But tonight I did meet a guy who seems like a great guy. He told me to email him tomorrow and I def am going to when I get up. He said he's never met anyone on there, but that it'd be great if i could be the first. And even better if I were the last. I thought that was just so sweet. I know it's something that most guys probably would never say, especially to someone they haven't met yet. But I liked it. He seems very similar to me. Trying to be more social and get out more. Trying to meet guys. I wouldn't say I'm doing a very good job of it, but I'm making some effort.

Haha. The other guy i was chatting with is 34. Ridiculous right. I totally don't see this going anywhere. This would be the "just getting it over with" option. Not ideal. But sometimes it's fun to just chat with people about sexual stuff and just be totally casual about it. It's not like I gave him my name or address, so what's the harm really. Apparently he's into my type and has a 25 year old boyfriend who he lives with and they have a very open relationship. Haha. So not me, but he's a nice guy. Hot. And he doesn't mind chatting about stuff even though I told him I won't be coming over tonight. Haha. You're probably thinking less of me right now. lol.

PS - Just downloaded the Ladyhawke album. Love it.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

I used to waste a lot of time cruising guys online as well and it's a tough habit to break.

1) The guys can tell you whatever they want and not have to be accountable for it's credibility.

2) The majority are only looking for hook-ups (even if they say otherwise) which means all of the guys in a given area are jumping from bed to bed really casually catching all sorts of shit along the way.

3) Let's say you start dating a guy you met online... do you actually think he is going to stop using his accounts to cruise other guys?

4) Ultimately, life is passing you by and your real relationships get less attention as you build these fake ones with random people who don't give a shit about you.

I guess it's a way to meet people but try to limit it, be really careful, demand pics and when possible use cam.

Cash said...

Do what ever you're comfortable with and have fun.

rcLoy said...

Ladyhawke's My Delirium is just pure fantastic.