Friday, April 24, 2009

Home for the Weekend

I’m sitting on a train writing this, watching the Philadelphia skyline go by in the window. This is why I take the train. It’s just so awesome going right through the heart of the city. I’m heading home for the weekend. Haven’t been home since Christmas, so I’m about due for a visit.

Today was probably one of the nicest days we’ve had this year. On my walk to work, I walked through the church cemetery. All the trees are flowering and there are like a million tulips blooming all over the place. (Oh man just went by the Robert Venturi houses on the river. They make me wanna watch some Always Sunny right about now. When the hell is that gonna come back. Anyway…) And they were cutting the grass this morning. Not a smell that you really get much, living in New York. It just totally set the tone for my whole day. I honestly didn’t do a ton of work today. We have a submission deadline on Friday, but so far we’re in pretty good shape. The three of us working on it have been busting our asses to get it done right and work out all the kinks, so we’re looking good at the moment.

We decided to take a long lunch and go to Stone Street since it was a nice day. I got a drink with lunch, which was great. I LOVE summer in NY! I also decided that morning that I needed sunglasses bad and I want them for Saturday since I plan on being outside for a while. So after lunch I took the train up to Soho to go get some Mosley Trades. I had the woman show me pretty much every pair. Haha. At one point she handed me a white pair, similar to the ray ban wayfarers. I laughed when I looked in the mirror. She was like, yeah that’s probably a good sign that they’re not the right pair for you. Umm yeah. I eventually found a pair that I really liked and I’m so excited about them. Even though they’re way more than I should be spending on sunglasses, who cares. I love em. And what’s the point of making money if you don’t enjoy yourself once in a while. I don’t spend that much all the time, so every once in a while it’s cool to drop a little cash. Haha.

Not a whole lot goin on boy-wise. Haven’t talked to Boy 2 in a day or two. He should be more aggressive. I don’t get it. The last couple times I’ve talked to him, it felt like kind of a struggle to get anything out of him. I hate that. It’s really not that hard to be somewhat responsive and engaging in a conversation. My biggest pet peeve is signing off or going away without saying goodbye or giving any hint that you’re going. Majorly annoying.

Well my stop is coming up. Better gather up my things. Just finished watching Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist on my computer. Perfect train movie. If you haven’t seen it, definitely check it out. It’s no oscar winner, but it’s a cute story. And you gotta love anything shot entirely in New York.

1 comment:

MAK said...

Love Nick & Norah!

I'm having a similar situation to that of Boy 2... trying to get conversation out of him when I initiate is like trying to pull teeth, but if I let him contact me first, then he's super talkative... I feel like I'm playing games then, though, which is annoying. I hate games.

Hope you have fun at home!