Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Just Getting In

I am so bad at keeping up with this. Not a whole lot is going on right now. At least, I don't think there's anything that exciting. Just busy with work as usual. It's 1 am right now and I've only been home for about 15 minutes. Had to submit a rough draft of our final submission for the project I'm on.

We actually got some very good news at work the other day. We won a huge huge huge masterplan competition in Korea. We beat several other offices. We all got called into the conference room at the end of the day last tuesday. Of course we were all thinking, oh great more bad news or something. So, no one was especially enthused about getting together. We all knew that it wasn't for a champagne party like the ones we used to have every other week. Then our boss comes in and says "These are tough economic times... but we have just won the biggest competition in the world, Korea!" Then they broke out the champagne. Lol. Of course, I had to get back to work because we had a deadline that night. Go figure. But the next night, they treated us all to open bar at a bar in Tribeca. It was a wednesday, so we were pretty much the only people in the whole place. But, we all had a good time. Definitely a good pick-me-up for the office.

In other news, Boy 2 and I still haven't been able to get together. I thought we were going to this weekend. It was so nice out too. But somehow by the time Saturday came around, we hadn't made any concrete plans and when I texted him, he didn't respond. On Sunday, he said he was at work. I don't know why that wasn't something he could have told me. We ended up just chatting online for a bit that night and that was that. This weekend I'll be going home, so won't happen then either. Wish I were one of those people who got out of work at 6 and had the rest of the evening to do stuff. I'm lucky if I make it home by 8. Sigh...

1 comment:

Cash said...

Boy 2? hahahaha. Spoken like a true pimp.