Monday, April 13, 2009

Wearing Thin

I just got home from work. It's quarter to midnight. Not good. I've been having to work non stop lately. It sucks. Today I just was not in the mood for it and was noticeably grumpy all day. I think I'm still a little pissed off that we had to work on Easter this weekend. We managed to get a day off on Saturday (I should feel fortunate, no?) and had to go in on Sunday. It was so ridiculous though because Saturday, it rained all day and then Sunday was super nice and sunny. It just didn't make sense to me. I did get a lot done, but I would have rather just gone in on Saturday if I had the choice. The most frustrating thing is that we're supposedly "in production" right now. The design was supposed to have been frozen like a week or two ago, yet, even today, they're still making minor changes. Granted, they are minor, but even little things end up affecting like 5 different drawings that I have to then go in and update one by one. Such a pain. I really don't like having to wait on others so that I can do my stuff. I'm much better when you give me a deadline and then leave me alone.

Anyway, I need to get to bed. Not a whole lot of news to report on the dating front. Haven't heard from the guy from the other weekend. I figure he didn't really see much their either. Oh, I do think I have a potential date with a guy I started talking to again. I think I called him Boy 2 way way back in November. I randomly emailed him and he's been IMing me everytime he's on now. Last night we did a little pic trading which was fun. He's very cute. And kind of a smartass which is definitely my type. So, whenever work cools down, hopefully I can finally meet him in person.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i read this when i got home from work at midnight on the last night...

Doomed But Cheerful! said...

Bah. Work/life balance out of kilter - and it's not your fault.

Sometimes, a project manager needs to experience the joy of urintating on an electric fence, to discover the effects of not paying attention to what one is doing.

Oh well, learn from his mistakes, so that when he gets fired (he will, trust me, sooner or later, he will) you will be well able to step into the role, and enjoy the raise!

G =]

d said...

i like the name Boy 2, it's so "unique" haha jk'ing. and i do love smart asses too. it's so manly. u know they'll be controlling in bed and spank u until ur all red. wut am i saying. this is so not me. haha. spank me and die! but yeah.