Sunday, April 5, 2009

Where to go from here...

So, the date went well enough. I'm not really sure exactly how I felt about the whole thing. The whole day, I was nervous. So, by the time the date came around, I was kinda feeling sick. I think it was just one of those crappy days if you know what I mean. I meet him at the place where we agreed on Union Sq (not my fav part of the city, but whatever) and he was fiddling with his phone and asked if I knew anything about blackberries. Of course, I don't, so we go in and try to find a seat. The place was packed and there were no seats for people just staying for drinks. So we went to another bar next door and eventually found a little table to sit at. At that point, my stomach was still being moody, so I just decided to stick to water. (Lame, I know, but it's all I could stomach at that point.) We talked, and he was very nice. Just not sure if there was a real spark there. I just don't know if I had all that much fun on the date. It was fun meeting someone new and all, but I just didn't feel a real connection there like I had on the dates I've gone on before. There were a few pauses in the conversation too, which I haven't had happen before. Nothing really awkward, but it just didn't flow all that well or something.

After he finished his drink and had a little appetizer, we talked for a little longer and then headed out. He wanted to find a store so he could get his phone fixed so I said I'd be up for finding one with him. We talked along the way which seemed to go a lot better. My stomach wasn't as upset anymore, and I think I was starting to get a little more comfortable with him. We eventually got the phone thing figured out, and he had to go meet up with some friends. We did a hug goodbye and I walked him to his train.

All in all, he was a nice guy and I enjoyed talking to him, but just not sure if he's the right guy. I texted him after the date saying I had fun and we should get together again. Later he texted with pretty much the same response. I think if he wants to pursue something, I'd be down for meeting up again. Who knows, maybe something will click. But at this point, I'm just gonna hold off on going after him. What do you guys think. Is there like a protocol if you're just not that into him?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you should probably give it at least one more shot though - b/c you never know.

but, i think if it was awkward again, then it might not be the best sign. its one thing for there not to be a spark, but an awkward interaction is hard to reconcile.

my lousy 2 cents.

Karina said...

definitely worth one more shot.maybe he feels a little of something you felt too thats why things were a little awkward.guess i'm just not a first impression last thing believer..