Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Up and Down

Not a lot happening at the moment. Work is beyond boring, although today I've found ways to keep myself busy. Last week we had a deadline and when I came back to work on Tuesday, I was told that I was moving to another project but wasn't told which. So I asked emailed all the principals asking what I should be working on, and no one emailed me back.

This worried me. I mean, I'm not as worried as I was in January when it seemed like something might happen, but it would still be a big change if I got laid off. Our boss comes back on Friday, so I was thinking that maybe they already knew that I'd be getting laid off and no one wanted to get me started on anything just to end up going a few days later.

Well today one of the principals was working on something near my desk and commented on how quiet it was over there. And of course I try to play it off, yeah it's been like this for a while now. I've got lots of space to spread out over here. He then asks me what I'm working on. Heh. Today I had literally returned a pair of shoes that I bought online and updated my resume a bit. That's it. It was prob around 4 by now...

He then goes on to say that everyone was clamoring over what to do with me when I sent that email. I was like, umm ok, well I never heard anything. It sounded like they were waiting until everyone was back in New York to decide who is working on what. I think the Croatia project is back on, so hopefully I'll be put on that. We'll see I suppose.

In other news, that guy is sending me mixed signals. Maybe they're not signals in his mind, but to me, they're kind of confusing. Like yesterday morning he IMs me asking how my night was. I talked to him for a minute saying I was on my way to work and that I'd shoot him an email. So I sent one after I got settled at work. No response all day (and this is the guy who sent me like 30 emails a day last week. short ones, but still). So I'm bored out of my mind all day because I literally have nothing to do, and I email him something dumb around 3:30. He writes me back and we email back and forth a couple times. He then sends me a text saying goodnight later that night. This morning I send him an IM just saying whats up and shoot me an email if you get a minute later today. Nothing.

I know I'm obviously reading into this more than I should, but I just liked having someone to do the whole back and forth all day thing with. I guess this is what "just being friends" meant. Limited contact. :-\

3 comments:

Unknown said...

awww - it doesn't sound that bad. maybe the guy is just busy.

as for the job thing- i totally feel you. i had nothing to do monday and i was CLAMORING to get work. i've been told i am safe etc. but no one wants to seem like they are just sitting around doing nothing all day - especially in this economy.

hope you get that project!

Godfrey said...

exactly. me being bored at work means i have more time to worry about the fact that i'm bored at work. haha.

J said...

yea maybe thats what that means