Monday, March 2, 2009

And That's That

Well, that was certainly short lived. I guess I got my hopes up too much. I didn't really hear from the guy yesterday save for a couple messages in the morning and maybe one or two at night. He was out of the city all day and then said that he was sorry but his phone had died during the day. Ok.

But then this morning I'm talking to him on aim and he disappears all of a sudden. I then get an email saying that he keeps getting kicked off. He then says.. I had a really great time this weekend. Think we should be friends though. Cool?

My heart sank a little. I mean, it was only one date, so it's not like I'm owed any explanation, but I of course am wondering why. Especially since it seemed like everything went well on the date itself. My only thought is that I just wasn't flirty enough and maybe he got more of a friend vibe from that. I really don't know.

I think he may be serious about being friends though. At least, I hope he is. I can always use a gay friend who kind of knows what he's doing. Right now, I'm just a little hurt is all. I'm not really sure what I want. I guess I'll just think it over. For now, the ball is in his court. I know I don't want to be the desperate guy who can't handle the rejection. If he wants to do the whole friendship thing, that's his prerogative. I'm game if he is.

3 comments:

Seth said...

Awww. *hugs*

Doomed But Cheerful! said...

aahhh. but look at it this way - you've made a start - and like the flywheel on a diesel engine, you need to keep it turning, however slowly, as getting it going again is so hard!
[hugz]
G =]

PS - we all need friends, as well as lovers!

Unknown said...

Friends are good :)