Sunday, March 1, 2009

First Date

So I went on the first date with the guy I met online. We met in the park and then walked over to the restaurant we were going to for brunch. The initial meeting was slightly awkward, haha, seeing as how I went in for the handshake (we hadn't met in person up to this point) and then had to switch to the hug midway. Awkward... I'm a retard. He thought it was funny I think. Then we had a really nice brunch. Mostly just talking and telling each other a lot of things about ourselves. He was really easy to talk to. I must have some sort of anxiety problem though and maybe the fact that I had had a HUGE mimosa before we had even ordered didn't help, but once the food came, the thought of eating just immediately made me nautious. I was having a really good time and I felt pretty comfortable, but for some reason, and this isn't the first time this has happened, I just could not eat ANYTHING. It's not like it was a lot of food either. I took a bite of the english muffin and immediately felt like it was a mistake. I ended up not taking another bite and having them clear my untouched plate. The situation was slightly embarrasing. He seemed to think nothing of it, but I was still embarrassed. After that, I just stuck to water while he proceeded to drink 4 bloody marys. Haha. We then walked over to the waterfront. It was way chillier than the morning though, so that kind of sucked. We ended up holding hands by the time we got there. And then we walked to the end of one of the piers and sat in the grass. It was pretty deserted (seeing as how it was freezing out) save for a couple runners. We ended up laying in the grass and making out quite a bit. It was really nice and I wasn't self conscious at all about being in a public place making out with another guy. (It was freezing and we were in the West Village though, so of all places...). Eventually though, I couldn't stop shivering (literally like 36 degrees out and we were on the water. cold!) and so we had to call it a day. I walked him back into the city and put him in a cab. Gave him a kiss goodbye and told him I'd text him later. All in all, it was a very good date. Minus the potential for vommiting half way through and the loss of feeling in my fingers by the end, I had a great time. I think I really like him so far and am hopeful there will be many more dates to come.

3 comments:

Doomed But Cheerful! said...

Hurray!
DW about not eating - your tummy would have taken all the blood that you sensibly kept free to stop your fingers freezing!
If you get together outside again, don't forget the chapstick!
Wonderful =]

Seth said...

Congratulations! Despite the moments of awkwardness and the cold, it seems like you did really well and had a great time. Hope it works out great for you on round 2 and beyond :)

Cash said...

niiice.