Saturday, March 14, 2009

Hope You're Not Expecting Much

Well, not a whole lot going on lately. I just felt bad having gone so long without posting.

The boy from the date is kind of drifting off I think. I don't know how much longer we'll be "friends" unless he suddenly starts putting some effort into communication. I sent him a couple messages earlier in the week and didn't get much response. So I just counted him out and assumed he was cutting off communication. Whatever. But then yesterday I emailed him just to see what's up because I was bored at work. Probably not a great move - I don't want to be that guy - but surprisingly he replied. He said he was on his way to NJ, but that was about it. I told him to email if he has some time this weekend and he said he'd drop me a line. We'll see. I figure if it doesn't happen, then it's just not something I should be worrying about.

It's just kind of lame when you have people show up on your facebook and are just reminded that they're still out there but aren't interested in talking to you. I mean I know I read way too much into things, but I probably should take these guys that I have little chance of ever meeting again off of there. Honestly though, it's facebook. I'd rather have some link. You know, just in case. Haha. Never know when you might need to contact some one for anything really. It's the beauty and curse of facebook.

Well, otherwise, work is going well. I'm on a competition now, which is actually a cool project. Nice to be working on a single building as opposed to huge masterplans. Only problem is that it's a small team, so if I have something really labor intensive to do (which I do), I end up having to spend a lot of time doing it on my own.

Alright. I think that's pretty good for not really having anything to say in this post. I promise that if anything interesting happens, I'll get it on here ASAP. ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahh the dilemma - to delete or not to delete. I'm generally in favor of keeping as many people's contact info as possible b/c you never know what it will come in handy/be relevant. But I have deleted a few people from my life...if they reappear, it is THEM making the first effort, which means a lot, if they dont - then no biggie because I had already deleted them anyway.

Do you have an email?

Godfrey said...

Yeah. It's a dilemma, but I'd err on side of keeping the contacts. Going to look a guy up on facebook only to realize he had de-friended me, would probably be a bit of a turn off. Haha.

My email should be on my blogger profile now. Hit me up sometime.

Anonymous said...

please remove the old url to my blog and replace it with the new one :http://thisblogismynextlife.blogspot.com/