Saturday, March 28, 2009

Not Sure What to Expect

So tonight I have another date setup. I signed up on this new dating site that I wasn't all too sure of at first. It seems like it's mostly used for hooking up rather than finding something more long term. I signed up anyway though, and it seemed like there were a lot of guys on there at least. Most of them just want to find someone to hookup with, but a couple have seemed genuinely interested in at least chatting and getting to know one another. But anyway, I met someone on there and we've set up a date for tonight. He's the one who emailed me. Although, when he emailed, he asked if I was interested in getting together that night. I think his exact words were "yo bro wanna fuck. looking for now." Usually this would be something I'd just delete, but he looked good and his profile sounded like he was generally a decent guy. So I replied saying something like sorry not really interested in a hookup, good luck man. Later that night I got bored though and messaged him asking if he'd had any luck finding someone and from there we started talking. We've been chatting off and on for about a week now. He seems like he's got his shit together. Not in a relationship right now, so he's just enjoying himself. Very laid back.

Anyway, I asked him if he wanted to get together this weekend and maybe watch a movie and he said he'd be down for going to a movie. I kind of was expecting more of a watching a movie at his apartment type deal, but I'm down with doing the theater too. I've just never actually gone on a date at the movies. Especially not a first date. I hope it's not awkward that we'll be sitting quietly in the dark watching a movie after only having met 20 min prior. Just seems slightly strange to me. I'm thinking maybe we meet early, get tickets, and grab a coffee before going to the movie or something. Haven't quite worked it all out just yet. But I'm excited. He's definitely a good looking guy and was very interested in maybe showing me a thing or two. ;) Haha. Hopefully we hit it off.

This might also be my first date that's not in the afternoon. So, I don't really know what the expectations are as far as going back to his apartment or going out afterwards. I think it's supposed to be raining. :( Seeing as it's a first date though, it's probably best if I don't go back just yet. Maybe save that for a second date. Haha.

I'm off to work now. On a Saturday. Shoot me. Is it really that much to ask to get a full weekend off? Honestly. This is the 3rd one in a row that I've had to go in. It's getting a little ridiculous.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey man, hope the date went/is going well...its hard to decipher guys sometimes. i was on one of these dating sites you speak of and a guy did the same thing to me "hey - you available" or something. i blew him off and a few days later he IMed again and he ended up being a decent guy (at least on chat).

Doomed But Cheerful! said...

Aw - I hope this guy is just putting on a front and actually IS as nice as you!
Have fun.
G =]