Monday, March 23, 2009

Finished and a little Frustrated

Oh man. Finally done with the competition I was working on. I didn't really do a whole lot with the final design, but I've been working on the presentation material for the last week or so. It's been pretty fun. Just me and one of the associates. But since there are only two of us, it's been a lot of hours this week. I was there until 12 on Friday! And then all day on Saturday and Sunday. It wasn't awful though. Plus I get tomorrow off! I'm pretty stoked. Might do some shopping. Maybe clean up my room since everything has turned into one big pile of mail and clothes. Should do my taxes too. That's exciting... :-/

Why does it seem so hard to find a guy. I know I probably complain about this a lot, but I'm just getting a little frustrated lately. Mostly with myself as I'm realizing that I must not be the most social person. I guess I just don't have a ton of confidence going out alone. This weekend I passed up on a friends birthday celebration. My friend from work and a couple of his friends have their birthdays around the same time, so they were having a party at a bar in the LES. I wanted to go, just because he's a good friend and we really don't ever hang out outside of work events. The only thing was that no one I knew besides him was going to be there. So I was hesitant to go alone especially since, being his birthday, he probably couldn't really hang out with me most of the time. It would have just been better if I had another person to go with. He even texted me asking if I was coming that night. I felt bad saying no and that I had just gotten home from work and was exhausted. Even though I had just gotten home from work, I probably could have gone. This is why I'm frustrated. I can't seem to get myself out there and then I get annoyed that I haven't met anyone.

Anyway. Looking forward to a nice day to myself tomorrow.