Friday, February 20, 2009

Something on the Horizon

I have to work this weekend. Ugh. I don't have to work the entire weekend necessarily, but I need to go in for a couple hours each day at least. I'm thinking I'll go in tomorrow afternoon and then Sunday evening. I really haven't had to work on a weekend in a while though, so really, it's not the end of the world.

In other news, next weekend I'm going on a date. I'm pretty excited about it. It's another guy I met online. We've been sending each other emails back and forth, and he seems really fun and amusing. He's pretty darn cute too. And a very good dresser. Always a plus. I've been facebook stalking him of course and haven't found anything that would be a deal breaker. Not really sure what we're doing yet. But probably getting a little lunch or a drink or something. It's just a first date, so probably something during the day. If anyone has any first date suggestions (that won't break the bank), definitely leave a comment.

2 comments:

Cash said...

I'm a simple man, grub and a good dive bar's the way to my heart. I will say this, If you come up with a game plan beforehand, it shows that you are interested enough to take the time and plan something out. I'd dig you. Good luck man,

Doomed But Cheerful! said...

Why not meet at Paley Park? It's pretty, lovely waterfall (or has it been switched off for the winter?) - soak up the atmos from the Stork Club that used to be there ... Visit the Museum of Modern Art on Friday after 4pm (free) then up to the Carnegie Deli on 7th (it is supposed to be quite good there), and better than eating at the gallery ... then you can go ogle the Seagram Building, and marvel at Mies van der Rohe's design - and maybe go for a beer, or a hot chocolate to warm up? i forget it is still winter with you!
Whatever you do, have a wonderful time G =]