Thursday, February 19, 2009

Making an Attempt

I really need to figure out how to be more aggressive when it comes to pursuing guys. Well, I know how to be more aggressive, but I guess I'm just not comfortable with it yet. I manage to meet guys online and strike up a conversation over the course of several emails, but eventually they just sort of fizzle out. At some point someone needs to ask the other on a date, but I just never go there on my own. I've been a shy, quiet guy my whole life though, so really, this isn't a huge surprise. But, if I ever want to find a guy, I'm going to have to up my game, which, considering I have pretty much NO game, has nowhere to go but up. I've been talking to this guy online the last couple days. I think he's pretty attractive from the pictures on his profile. Seems to have a good sense of style. Funny. He gave me his number to text him, but I'm not really sure what to text to someone whom I hardly know. I would like to though, just because he kind of went out on a limb with giving it to me after only a couple messages between us. I think I might want to go out to lunch or something with him at some point. Could be fun... Hopefully this time I'll actually be able to finish my meal. I can barely finish my food on a regular day, let alone on a date. It's all nerves and being anxious about meeting a new person whose personality I'm not really used to. Always fun. Luckily I have the opposite problem when it comes to drinking. Awkward lulls in the conversation make me drink more rather than less, which, I suppose, can be considered either good or bad. Since my tolerance is pretty low lately, it's probably not that great in the long run.

Last night I went up to Union Square to the Strand to hear my boss give a little talk for a small crowd. It was pretty interesting. I always enjoy hearing him talk because he goes off on all these weird tangents. And even though he's in the office everyday, it's not like we really get much interaction with him. Afterwards, a coworker asked me if I wanted to grab a drink. I guess I was feeling in a generous mood, because, even though I was hungry and had about 4 hrs of shows recording to watch at home, I said yes, figuring it would only be a drink. Well it ended up being 2 drinks for me, and somehow 4 for my friend. I managed to get a little buzz from the 2, but I knew I'd wake up with a headache in the morning if I had any more. So I cut myself off. Plus, I'm poor, and drinking in New York is SOO expensive. I'll have to start drinking at home more often. You know, just to get my tolerance up. Summer is on it's way sooner or later.

Sorry this is such a boring post. I think I just felt like typing, haha.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

why dont you ask that guy out via text...i'm sense the number was just his subtle way of saying "I'M INTERESTED! ASK ME OUT!"

Doomed But Cheerful! said...

The beer here is awesome, so I have bought a load - Tui, Steinlager, Mac's Great White, all local stuff. It's not that I like it of course - I'm just keeping my tolerance up.
Yeh - right!!
G =]