Monday, February 16, 2009

Close Encounter


So yesterday I took the ferry from Wall St to Ikea so my roommate could carry some table home he wanted to buy. But on the way back, we were walking up Water St and I passed this guy on the sidewalk who looked really familiar. It took me a second or two until I realized it was Chad White. I'm pretty sure it was. He was wearing a nice dark coat and no sunglasses, so I got a pretty good look at his face even if it was more of a glance.

Anyway, pretty cool seeing someone like that just walking alone down here. I don't know what he would be doing on Water St. There's nothing down there. Especially on a Sunday. Wish I had been walking alone so I could pull the "hey do I know you from somewhere line". Haha. Like I'd ever be that confident. I'm pretty sure I hadn't shaved for like 4 days and didn't do anything to my hair that morning, so I probably looked like shit. But hey, it's Ikea. In Brooklyn. I wasn't expecting anything so to speak. Haha.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you saw Chad White? GREAT

Cash said...

Hey man, just found your blog. Just curious, are you an urban designer?

Godfrey said...

I'm an architect, but we do a lot of urban planning as well. Why do you ask?

Cash said...

Not sure if my initial attempt at a reply went through . . . either way I was just thought you might be after reading about the Croatia job. Thats my field actually, so i was interested in the type of stuff you were doing.