Friday, December 19, 2008

A Week of Nothing and an Office Party

So I took this entire week off for vacation because I had to use my days by the end of the year. New Year's Resolution #1: Take vacation days during the summer when you can actually use them. This week I've literally laid in bed chatting online for the better part of. I've went grocery shopping a couple times. Got a haircut. Went to Staples. Went to lunch with coworkers. And that's pretty much been it for me. Most days I didn't even shower before 2. But it's my vacation, so I don't feel too bad. Plus it's cold outside. What am I gonna do, go lay in the sun? I still feel like a bit of a waste. Next year, I get twice as many days. Haha. So I'll have to definitely try to use them. It is nice not being in the office though. There really wasn't a whole lot of stuff I would have had to do anyway since I just finished a project before I left. Oh we did have our Xmas party. That was interesting.

So I ended up sitting next to my friend who isn't actually a designer. He's in our press office. He's really cute and I'm definitely attracted to him. But I know he's straight, so I've gotten over it and now we're really good friends which is fine with me. The press people don't really hang out with anyone else in the office much though, so I'm pretty much his only good friend in the office. So anyway. We're eating dinner. Having wine. I think he has a lower tolerance than he'll admit, because I can tell that somethings off. But that wasn't the problem. I on the other hand had had more wine than I should have. Not drunk, just kinda making me sick. Especially when they were serving lobster ravioli as the starting course. I think something wasn't agreeing. Not sure why I'm explaining that, but it was just an off night drink-wise. But the worst part was when he asked if there was any gossip on him. Apparently I know all the gossip (which is kinda true). So I tell him the only thing that anyone has ever mentioned (def not the only thing, but the only harmless non-offensive thing i could come up with) was that when my other guy friend was talking to him at another party someone thought they were gonna hook up. So he asks me if my friend is gay and I say yeah (because I'm pretty sure everyone already knows). Apparently he didn't. Fuck. I just outed the only other gay guy i know of in my office. I'm such a douche. The weird part was that he was all disappointed. He was like "oh man. i thought he was just being friendly." So I started questioning him about it and asking "well who says he wasn't" and "what does it matter if he's gay, he totally was just being friendly." He said, no matter what there's always something sexual if a gay guy is talking to another guy or if a guy talks to a girl etc. I mean I know my friend has a crush on the press guy (he's hot), but he definitely WAS just being friendly. So I felt like a douche and was kinda weirded out by his reaction. Of course the next topic to follow is "So you never have any gossip about you. Like, you never talk about your personal life." This is my opening to tell this guy "I'm actually gay, but there's not much to tell about. No boyfriend etc." The perfect opening. Only, I'm surrounded by coworkers (who honestly were probably drunk and not listening) and I just had that weird reaction to someone else being gay, so I chickened out and was just like "There's nothing to tell." So he just asked "You don't talk about it? OK." And that was that. Damn damn damn.

I apologized to my friend and he didn't seem to care one bit. I kinda wanted to be like, "well can you out me to him and we'll be even". Saves me the trouble. Lol.

So anyway. That was my office party.

Actually the fun continued. I made the mistake of switching from clear to brown at some point and ended up vomiting twice the next morning. It sucked.

No comments: