Monday, December 14, 2009

Back to the Grind

Well I just returned from a great trip. Well, that's not entirely true. Ive been back for almost a week now. Have been working and enjoying Christmas in the city. It's so awesome this time of year. Going out at night, all the streets are lit with christmas decorations, and people are bundled up and looking good on their way to Christmas parties. Speaking of which, we just had ours last night. Went to a vodka bar in Soho that was a lot of fun. Normally we do something very formal, five course meal, fancy place, get dressed up, the works. This year, they just found a nice bar and rented the place out for the night. The food was great and the drinks were awesome! And I'm not gonna lie, I looked pretty damn sharp. I borrowed a vest from my roommate who's essentially the same size as me and wore that over a plaid shirt with a skinny black tie. Then I wore dark jeans and some very nice new Ted Baker shoes that I've been saving for something special. Honestly, and this is pretty gay, I think dressing up is half the fun.

Today I had the day off. Had two days of vacation left that I needed to use by the end of the year, so I figured the day after the office party was probably a good time to use one. And I'm definitely glad I did. Stayed in bed until around noon. Then moved to the couch. Haha. I then met an old friend (a guy I dated a while back in August) to see a movie. We saw Up in the Air. Gotta say, this was hands down one of the better films I've seen in a while. There's not a lot I can say about it, but I was totally engaged the entire time and really enjoyed the characters; and all the actors did a really good job. Doesn't hurt that George Clooney is pretty easy on the eyes either. ;)

Here are a few pics from Mexico. It was so much fun. I'm really glad I went. Sadly, my tan is already beginning to fade. Sigh...



1 comment:

wozzel said...

awesome pics. looks and sounds like you have a great time.

the benefit of living in SA, on the coast, when i think the tan is fading, i just have to walk across the road to the beach!