Saturday, November 28, 2009

Yet Another Train Ride

So, I’m blogging from the train again. This is the NJ Transit train though. Not nearly as glamorous as the Amtrak. And even that isn’t anything amazing. It’s dirt cheap though and get me where I need to be, so it works. I only use it to come down for Thanksgiving or to go to family stuff in NJ. My relatives live outside of Philadelphia. Just have to be clear, it’s not north Jersey. Haha. Thanksgiving was great. Just hung out, had some wine, ate some yummy food, and played a lot of Wii. Not a bad way to spend an evening in my opinion. My grandma destroyed all of us in bowling though. She’s in her 80’s and she killed all of us.

Tonight I don’t know what I’m doing. Have a friend in town that I met online. We’ve never met, but he’s here for the week from California. I think we might hit some gay bars in the city, which would be fun. I’m hoping he just wants to hang out though and we’re not out looking for guys. He’s really hot and I don’t feel much like being ditched. Not that he would do that, but my mind always thinks of the worst-case scenario. Tomorrow, I think we’re gonna try and go see a movie – I really want to see Broken Embraces, the Almodovar movie – and maybe do a little shopping. It’s probably going to be a mad house anywhere you go though, so that might not pan out. Either way, it’ll be cool to hang out.

Sunday, I gotta get ready for Mexico. I can’t fucking wait to go. I’m so pale though, it’s not even funny. I really hope I don’t burn. My plan to go tanning before hand totally didn’t happen. I have one more session, I think, so I’ll probably use it Saturday or Sunday. Also gotta get some luggage that’ll be easier to transport and maybe find some books to read on the trip. Maybe a little David Sedaris or something light like that. Any suggestions? I have other books that I need to start, but it’s stuff like Atlas Shrugged and This Side of Paradise, not really beach reading. Haha.

No comments: