Friday, October 16, 2009

Hittin' the Road

I’d like to think that I’m pretty good at getting up and down the East coast on a pinch, and today I’m trying something new. I’m on Bolt Bus heading down to Philly. My mom was in the hospital this week and had to have surgery. So, I’ve scrapped my plans to go to Boston and am heading home instead. Once I get to Philly, I’m hopping on a Septa train and taking that to Delaware. Amtrak is a little cushier and the view is more exciting than just being on the highway, but for 13 bucks and then the 5 for the Septa, I really can’t complain.

Yesterday was the most disgusting day. It rained. Not only did it rain, but it was freezing cold too. It was just a terrible day. Definitely not fall weather by any means. I ended up doing something kind of impulsive, probably because it was so shitty out. Haha. I booked a ticket to Cancun! Jet Blue was having a one-day sale and I convinced a friend to go with me. I’m super excited. We’re doing the Riviera Maya. Skipping Cancun because it’s pretty gross and neither of us is looking for that type of vacation.

I’m realizing what the catch with taking the bus is… Traffic!

Not a lot else going on right now. No guys really to speak of. At least no one I’m seeing on any regular basis. Work is going well. I’m on a team with a much more regular schedule. So I get to leave at about 7 everyday. It’s awesome. Somehow that extra hour at night really makes a difference. I can actually do things after work and still get home in time to chill for a little bit before getting to bed.

Anyway. Will try to post more often. This weekend I’ll have a lot of free time. But honestly, it’s going to be so boring at home. There won’t be very much to post about. Haha.

1 comment:

d said...

ooooh. have fun on ur trip.