Monday, January 26, 2009

Feeling a little more confident about my job these last couple days. We just started a new project in Croatia for a huge huge masterplan. Like seriously the size of manhattan almost. We won't be designing the entire thing of course, but it's still a very big project. I think it's the first project I've been on to see the beginning phase. It's a little daunting, but I think it will be good for me. We also start some competition in Rio soon which is a lot smaller. I'd like to work on that as well. I've been doing a lot of stuff on masterplans over the past several months, so a single building would be a welcome change.

Other than that, life is pretty quiet. I didn't do anything this weekend. I watched a couple movies. Did some grocery shopping. That was probably about it. I had to work on Sunday. Even though it was only a couple hours, it still blew the whole day. Just knowing that you should be going into work makes it THAT much harder to get out of bed. I was shooting to get in by 2, but it turned into 430. I left at 7 too. Haha. And then went in early this morning. It's ridiculous. You can tell everyone is a little worried, because pretty much the entire office was in by 10. A month ago, there were probably 5 people in by 10. Crazy. I guess everyone just wants to play it safe for a little while. Even though no one with any kind of decision making power actually gets in before 10 or 1030. I just happened to need to finish my stuff. Tomorrow I'll be in at 10. Or my usual 1015.

I'm sure this is scintillating reading. Haha. I want this cold weather to go away. Maybe i have S.A.D. I never thought that I did before, but this year I've just kind of been a little down. Hmm... I should call some friends and definitely get out of the apartment this weekend. I'll probably have to work though. :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ryan said...

What line of work are you in? I haven't had the chance to get too far into your posts but I'm curious about this big Croatian project.