Saturday, November 29, 2008

Enticing Offer

So I just got off an AIM chat with this guy whom I've been "friends" with on one of those dating websites. I don't know why I friended him. I guess the one picture he had was cute, but I could tell from what he wrote in his profile that he was probably just looking for a hook up. But I accepted his friend request anyway. This was months ago probably. So tonight I'm online talking to this other guy, who's way out of my league and nothing will probably come from that (always hope though), and this guy (we'll call him... Chad) sends me an IM. So I start talking to him. Innocent stuff at first, about how we've been "friends", but never actually talked. Blah, blah, blah. So I say how I'm bored, just hanging out at home. He says "Well want to make your night a little more interesting?" Now, I'm no rocket scientist, but I think it's pretty clear what that means if you read between the lines. He asks me if I want to come over and hang out at his place. Mind you, it's 1:30 in the morning. I'm not the type to stick to any kind of bedtime, but even I think that's a little late to be heading out, let alone travelling from downtown to queens. I tell him I'm flattered, but it's pretty late and random hookups aren't really my thing. He laughs and says I'm being a bit presumptuous. As the conversation goes on, he essentially admits that that is what he had in mind. I've pretty firmly said no thanks, but this guy is intriguing for some reason. He's very persistent, which is kind of a weakness for me (I'll admit it. I have trouble saying no more than once.) Also, I've only got one picture of this guy to go off of, so I don't really even know if I'm attracted to him. I ask him if he has any others and he sends me a couple. He's fine looking. Not really pushing me off the fence one way or another though. Eventually, we get past that and actually have a decent conversation. But come 2 am he's tired and is going to go to bed. He wants to meet up tomorrow at some point he says. I tell him to just IM me. I ask him if he has facebook (obviously looking for some more info to go on here), but he says he's not really out, so he doesn't give that to people he isn't already friends with. K... I guess I buy that. Oh, he also mentions he went to Harvard. Damn it. Suddenly I'm finding you interesting.

Honestly, I haven't had any kind of dating life before, and all of a sudden in the last month or so, I've got three potentials. It's a bit much really. Chad also mentioned that he's not really looking for a relationship right now but would like to meet some friends. I think by friends he means fuck buddies. I'd kind of like to see where things with Boy 1 and Boy 2 are going before I do anything with Chad. Although, Chad made it perfectly clear that he was ready and willing to show me the ropes. I honestly did consider putting my clothes back on and getting on a train, but I really don't like the idea of going over there knowing that it's not going to lead to anything more that a hook up and will probably just confuse me. Did I make the right decision to take life a little slower or should I have just jumped into the deep end?

After writing this all out, I think I'll tell him tomorrow that I'm kind of seeing two other guys right now (even though neither of them have really become much yet), and until I know what is going on with them, I'm not really looking to complicate things further, even if he's just looking for some fun and nothing complicated. I don't think that's what I'm looking for. I'm not just looking for fun, I'm looking for someone to be with. And I don't think that that someone is him right now.

I don't want to lead this guy on, but I don't want to just say sorry not interested. How do I say no thanks now, but maybe later without actually saying it. Haha

1 comment:

J said...

i think you should just tell him straight forward, he seems like the type of guy that wouldn't respond negatively to that. and who knows he could be a new buddy for you in NY, and be someone you could talk to about guy 1 and guy 2.